Tuesday 24 March 2015

King Richard III Returns to Leicester




The most amazing thing happened on Sunday - Hinckley Road was lined with people waiting to welcome Richard III, or his remains, back to Leicester. It was a great community event and I saw people I haven't seen in years. Even though the cortege passed by in a split second, the sight of so many friends, neighbours and members of the local community lining Hinckley Road an a sunny March afternoon will remain in my memory for a long time.

If you haven't bought one already, this week is the time to head to Leicester market and buy a copy of Rosalind Adam's and Alice Povey's,

The Children's Book of Richard III

Rosalind and her publisher will be in a small marquee, close to the Corn Exchange, in the centre of the market. She'll be signing copies and talking about her book.
Good luck, Ros! I hope you sell marquee loads of books.



3 comments:

Rosalind Adam said...

Thanks for the mention, Josephine. It certainly is an exciting time to be in Leicester.

Anonymous said...

Fascinating blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?

A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog shine.
Please let me know where you got your design. Cheers

Also visit my blog: marquees

Anonymous said...

We stumbled over here coming from a different web address and thought I should check things out.
I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking over your web page for a second
time.

my webpage Somerset Marquee hire